Those wanting a little more house and land without sacrificing proximity to downtown Santa Fe should check out the appeal of Sol y Lomas, Santa Fe NM an established subdivision with an abundance of trees and native plantings located in the southeastern part of the city. Bounded by St. Michael’s Drive on the north, Old Pecos Trail on the west, Rodeo Road on the south and St. Francis Drive to the east, Sol y Lomas is well-placed to afford easy access to Santa Fe’s major transportation arteries while retaining a pleasant feel of removal. Properties in Sol y Lomas are set on .5 to 1+ acre lots. Homes typically range in size from just under 2,000 square feet to upwards of 3,000 square feet, with 3-5 bedrooms and 2 or more baths. Garages are more common here than in many areas close to downtown. Many properties have studios or guesthouses as well.
Although few homes are new –most built between the ’50s and the ’90s– they are usually maintained with pride. Some enjoy terrific views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains. Runners and walkers will appreciate the Arroyo Chamiso Trail which, in the future, is slated to connect to the city’s Rail Trail.
Shopping is close by at Plaza Entrada, whose tenants include an Albertson’s Grocery Store, an Office Max, a Starbucks Coffee house and more. A Walgreen’s Pharmacy is across the street. View some of the area’s amenities via the Walk Score of a centrally located, Sol y Lomas address. Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center is near the junction of St. Francis and St. Michael’s.
There is a dormant Railrunner stop at the junction of St. Francis and Zia Road. Read the March, 2011 article by the Santa Fe New Mexican that discusses public debate on whether to open the station.
A statistical rundown on the neighborhood is available through the City Data profile of Arroyo Chamiso AKA Sol y Lomas.
- $450,000 : 208 Calle Petaca, Santa Fe3 beds, 2 baths
- $332,800 : 2422 BOTULPH, Santa Fe4 beds, 3 baths
- $1,275,000 : 761 Placita Santa Fe, Santa Fe3 beds, 4 baths
- $499,000 : 3174 Viale Trisana, Santa Fe3 beds, 3 baths
- $779,000 : 2327 Old Arroyo Chamiso Road, Santa Fe3 beds, 2 baths
- $915,000 : 108 Calle Paula, Santa Fe3 beds, 3 baths
- $445,000 : 678 CALLECITA JICARILLA, Santa Fe3 beds, 2 baths
- $550,000 : 2661 Chelsea Lane, Santa Fe3 beds, 2 baths
- $475,000 : 2099 Galisteo St, Santa Fe4 beds, 2 baths
- $489,000 : 201 CALLE SAN SIMON, Santa Fe3 beds, 2 baths
- $599,000 : 321 Camino Chico, Santa Fe3 beds, 3 baths
- $568,000 : 2361 Santa Barbara Dr, Santa Fe3 beds, 2 baths
- $699,000 : 2047 Galisteo St, Santa Fe3 beds, 3 baths
- $630,000 : 2610 Sol Y Nubes, Santa Fe3 beds, 3 baths
- $680,000 : 2720 Pradera Court, Santa Fe4 beds, 4 baths
- $450,000 : 426 Brunn School Road, Santa Fe3 beds, 1 bath
- $7,900,000 : 5200 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe7 beds, 12 baths
See all Real estate in the 3s-Sf City Se South community.
(all data current as of 8/13/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
For more info on Santa Fe NM Neighborhoods.